Date(s) - July 28, 2017 - July 30, 2017
The Heart of Awakening
An Introduction to the Path of Liberation
With Senior Tergar Instructor Cortland Dahl
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
What do the Buddha’s teachings have to do with our lives in the modern world? Though his teachings took shape thousands of years ago in ancient India, the Buddha’s insights grew out of basic human questions that transcend culture and history. Why do we experience chronic dissatisfaction and suffering? Is it possible to find lasting happiness? How can we make our lives meaningful and deeply affect the world we live in? These were the questions that set the Buddha on the path to awakening.
Please join us as we explore the path of liberation with Senior Tergar Instructor Cortland Dahl. Drawing on twenty years of studying, practicing, and teaching Tibetan Buddhism, Cortland will share his insights on the journey of awakening, discussing important principles such as lineage, the importance of working with a teacher, and key practices such as taking refuge, arousing bodhichitta, and sacred outlook. These are the elements form the basis for the Path of Liberation taught by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche.
Anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of the unique Tibetan presentation of the Buddhist path or interested in entering the Path of Liberation series will find this weekend to be deeply inspiring and informative.
Friday, July 28, 7:30pm-9pm
Saturday and Sunday, July 29-30, 9am-5pm
A vegetarian lunch is included for Saturday and Sunday.
- Basic – This level covers the actual cost of the program – $150
- Sponsor – This level allows us to offer a reduced price level for seniors, full-time students, and those on a limited income – $200
- Reduced – Reduced fee for seniors (65+), full-time students, and others with limited incomes – $100
- Repeating Heart of Awakening (Bridge Retreat) Students – Special rate for those who have previously attended this weekend workshop – $75
- Work Study (please contract us before registering)
Limited work/study opportunities are available at a reduced rate for those who qualify. Contact email@example.com prior to registration to inquire.
Tergar Meditation Community – Madison
We make final arrangements for weekend events 10 days before the event start day. If you cancel after July 17, 2017, there will be a $25 administration fee.
Tergar Madison, Madison WI, United States