Date(s) - March 5, 2017 - March 8, 2017
Exploring the Nature of Mind:
Heart Advice on the Path of Awakening
Teachings by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
at Tergar Oselling Monastery
True freedom of mind is something we can discover for ourselves through the practice of meditation. In Tibetan Buddhism, the most direct and powerful way to experience this inner freedom is by exploring the nature of awareness, a journey that puts us in touch with a source of equanimity, wisdom, and compassion that we can access anytime and anywhere.
This teaching will focus on The Nectar of the Path, a concise, profound and beautiful Buddhist practice composed by Rinpoche himself. It will provide a rare opportunity to learn Nectar of the Path directly from Mingyur Rinpoche. In addition to teachings on the Nectar of the Path, Mingyur Rinpoche will also offer transmissions to begin practicing the Tergar Path of Liberation or Tibetan Buddhist foundational practices.
If you would like to attend this teaching, you need to meet at least one of these prerequisites :
1) Have attended all three Joy of Living levels and completed the practice requirements
2) Have previously attended the Path of Liberation Level I or Mahamudra Level I with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and completed its practice requirements or will complete them prior to the retreat.
3) Have completed the full preliminary practices (the 4 x 100,000 ngöndro).
4) Have received pointing out teachings from a qualified Buddhist lineage holder (a tulku or rinpoche).
5) Have had a daily meditation practice for at least five years and attended either group or solitary practice retreats (with 6+ hours of formal meditation practice each day) under the guidance of a Buddhist teacher for a total of at least thirty days.
6) Have attended at least the first three years of Tai Situ Rinpoche’s Mahamudra teachings on Ocean of Certainty.
Sunday to Wednesday, March 5-8
Teaching times to be determined closer to the event. Please check back for details later! Please bookmark this page.
Tergar Oselling Monastery
Please note: The Google Map shown below is not accurate. Please click here for an accurate map: https://goo.gl/maps/5h8VN6ZSXYT2
Important: Accommodation is not available at Oselling. Participants are requested to make their own accommodation arrangements.
This program is free of charge. Donations are gratefully accepted at the venue.
1000 Nepali rupees per meal (payable at the time of the event.)
We recommend that you sign up for lunch when registering, or bring your own lunch, as there are no restaurants at a convenient distance around Oselling Monastery.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you read the FAQ sheet before registration!
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tergar Oselling Monastery, Kathmandu , Nepal