Date(s) - March 6, 2019 - April 16, 2019
Awakening Wisdom: Joy of Living 3
Video teachings by Mingyur Rinpoche
With Tergar Instructor Myoshin Kelley
And Tergar Facilitator Scott Anderson
In this six week course, we will explore the causes of suffering and dissatisfaction through the practice of insight meditation. By bringing our unchallenged beliefs and patterns into the light of awareness, we can see how our rigid ideas often blind us to the richness of our true nature. The wisdom that arises through insight meditation allows us to see our inner experience clearly. This leads to a sense of freedom, well-being, and confidence that is rooted in awareness itself and available to us each and every moment.
Each lesson includes experiential teachings by Mingyur Rinpoche, as well as guided meditations and moderated discussions with Tergar Instructor Myoshin Kelley and Facilitator Scott Anderson. The first three videos will be available as soon as you register.
- Course fee: $125 ($95 for repeating students/seniors/full-time students)
- Course Length: 6 Weeks
- Start Date: March 6, 2019
- End Date: April 16, 2019
- Instructor: Myoshin Kelley
- Assisted by: Scott Anderson
Who can attend this course?
This course is open to meditators who have previously attended Joy of Living 1 and 2 meditation workshops and meet the practice requirements, as well as to those who have not attended these workshops, but who have practiced meditation regularly for at least three years.
What will I learn in this course?
In the third level of the Joy of Living, Mingyur Rinpoche offers guidance on the practice of insight meditation, a profound form of meditation that uproots the causes of anxiety and suffering.
In this level, you will learn:
- How to use insight meditation to break through the distorted ideas that create confusion and suffering
- How to see beyond superficial thoughts and emotions to the basic goodness that lies within
- How our rigid beliefs about ourselves and the world around us keep us locked in a cycle of dissatisfaction and anxiety
- How to see things as they actually are, rather than the mistaken version of reality that we project onto the world
What does the course include? This class features:
- Weekly video teachings by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- Course discussion forum with Tergar Instructor Myoshin Kelley and Facilitator Scott Anderson
- A printable course guide and practice log
- Two live webinar events held on two different days so that people worldwide can participate
Registration is now open.
NOTE: You must register for Tergar Learning, activate your account by clicking a link in your email and log-in before you can register for this course.
Not registered for Tergar Learning yet?
To register, once registration is open, please log in to Tergar Learning and visit learning.tergar.org/course_library/joy-of-living-level-3/