Date(s) - April 21, 2017 - April 23, 2017
Calming the Mind
Joy of Living 1 Meditation Workshop
With Senior Tergar Instructor Edwin Kelley
Assisted by Abby Lindemann
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
In this weekend meditation workshop, we will learn how cultivating awareness can help create a peaceful mind and joyful heart. The practice of meditation enables us to transform all experiences, even difficult emotions and painful thoughts, into sources of joy. Over the course of this weekend, we will explore the landscape of our experience with mindful awareness, learning how to use the body, sensory experiences, thoughts, emotions, and even awareness itself as supports for meditation.
The schedule for this weekend workshop includes video teachings by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, presentations on the key points of meditation practice by Senior Tergar Instructor Edwin Kelley assisted by Abby Lindemann, as well as guided meditations and discussion. This weekend is suitable for people of all faiths, as well as both beginning and experienced meditators.
Friday, April 21, 7pm-9pm
Saturday & Sunday, April 22 – 23, 9am-5pm
- Basic – This level covers the actual cost of the program – $150
- Sponsor – This level allows us to offer a reduced price level for seniors, full-time students, and those on a limited income – $200
- Reduced – Reduced fee for seniors (65+), full-time students, and others with limited incomes – $100
- Repeating Calming the Mind Students – Special rate for those who have previously completed a Joy of Living 1 workshop, either in-person or online – $75
- Work Study (please contract us before registering)
Limited work/study opportunities are available at a reduced rate for those who qualify. Contact email@example.com prior to registration to inquire.
Tergar Meditation Community – Madison
About Abby Lindemann:
Abby Lindemann first discovered Buddhism as a teenager during a service learning trip in Nepal. She received her BA in psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, an MA from Naropa University, and is pursuing her doctorate with a focus on the integration of mindfulness, compassion, and contemplative theory and practice in clinical interventions, supervision, and training. In 2017, Abby will be doing her post-doctoral work at the Center for Healthy Minds at UW-Madison.
We make final arrangements for weekend events 10 days before the event start day. If you cancel after April 11, 2017, there will be a $25 administration fee.
Tergar Madison, Madison WI, United States