Date(s) - January 25, 2017 - March 8, 2017
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Calming the Mind
Joy of Living 1 Meditation Workshop Series
With Senior Tergar Facilitator Kell Julliard
Brooklyn, New York, USA
In this seven-session meditation workshop, we will learn how cultivating awareness can help create a peaceful mind and joyful heart. The practice of meditation enables us to transform all experiences, even difficult emotions and painful thoughts, into sources of joy. Over the course of the seminar, we will explore the landscape of our experience with mindful awareness, learning how to use the body, sensory experiences, thoughts, emotions, and even awareness itself as supports for meditation.
The schedule for this workshop series includes video teachings by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, presentations on the key points of meditation practice by Senior Tergar Facilitator Kell Julliard, as well as guided meditations and discussion. This workshop is suitable for people of all faiths, as well as both beginning and experienced meditators.
Seven Wednesdays, January 25 – March 8, 5:30pm–7:30 pm
Executive Boardroom, Third Floor
NYU Lutheran Medical Center
150 55th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11220
- NYU Lutheran employees and registered volunteers – no charge
- Base – This level covers the actual cost of the program – $125
- Sponsor – This level allows us to offer a reduced price level for seniors, full-time students, and those on a limited income – $175
- Reduced – Reduced fee for seniors (65+), full-time students, and others with limited incomes – $75
- Repeating Calming the Mind Students – Special rate for those who have previously completed a Joy of Living 1 workshop, either in-person or online – $75
Limited work/study opportunities are available at a reduced rate for those who qualify. Contact email@example.com prior to registration to inquire.
For More Information:
Contact Kell Julliard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-648-7695 or 718-630-6332
NYU Lutheran Medical Center, New York City NY, United States